Welcome to my blog!

For some time I’ve been aware that being able to share wealth creation breakthroughs and issues really helps encourage students! It helps you feel part of a very special community (which you are!) – a community that isn’t much evident in the outside world. The M for Mindset in TEM$ is the most important aspect of wealth creation, so keep yours positive, motivated, learning, and talking! Post your blog today!

Monday, June 11, 2007

Fire Walking Experience by Paul Blows

Lighting the flame within

It is now 2 weeks after my fire walking experience on 25 May 2007. After reading day 18 of the Kaizen challenge I decided to stop procrastinating and write my story about my experience.

I attended Hannes’s sales and business development course held in Pretoria on Saturday the 25 May. I was aware that Hannes had fire walking sessions but was not aware that there was going to be on that night.

As I was out of town and had nothing to do the evening I decided I would stay. Keeping an open mind I said I would see what the night has installed for me. After the day’s workshop, we all gathered around the fire. It was a very icy evening (close to zero degrees). The fire was warm and looking around and chatting to the others I could sense expectation levels rising.

We attended the mental break through seminar in the auditorium and Hannes showed us that we could break arrows with our necks! Not yet convinced, I too stood in the queue waiting for my turn. Watching each of the others break theirs, my anxiety levels started to rise. When it was my turn, Hannes joked that I would have difficulty as an auditor. And yes, I did. “auditor” are too logical and mind logical mind tried to take over the situation and the arrow only quivered!!!!

I then blanked my mind and GREAT my arrow broke too. Overly exited I rather went looking for the pieces to prove to myself it did break forgetting to get my hug from Hannes!!!

The arrow awoke something in me. The place I usually feel nervous…that chasm in your chest/stomach – it felt it was no longer there! The butterflies, the turning in my stomach was replaced with … well a warmth!!

It felt like a flame or fire had been lit. A source of energy had been awoken in my stomach. We walked down the fire from the auditorium. I felt like I was walking on springs. I had an extra spring in my step, more confidence holding my broken arrow in my left and a complete one in my right to show those at home.

After placing my new trophies in the car, I made my way to the fire. And there along side it was a bed of hot coals laid out on the grass. The evening continued and people started walking across the coals.

I continued in the circle till the “flame” inside me reached my throat and could feel its warmth in my shoulders. This energy fuelled me to walk across the coals and before I knew it I was on the other side!!!! What a rush !!! A release of energy took place. I transformation within me…I was a new ME!!!

I did not believe what had just happened and about 10 minutes later there I was again over the coals. The second time I hesitated at the start and felt the heat of the coals for a split second. And then I was a two time FIRE WALKER!!!

Immense levels of energy was released and on my drive back to Johannesburg I felt a great power within me.

I have explained to many people what I experience that weekend almost tow weeks ago and I can still see their disbelief. They feel I was hypnotised or it was some sort of trick.

What I have come to realise is that walking across the flames breaks those self imposed limitations as Hannes mentions. But also you come to know the real YOU. I did not burn my feet walking but I did burn. I burned within, deep with me, and it resulted in a new me on the other side of the coals.

I see the world and people differently now, as if my eyes were burned across the coals! I see the limitations others (friends, family, and colleagues) place on themselves and can see that not to long ago I did the same.

I recommend walking across those flames to anyone and everyone so you to can experience the NEW YOU that is already in you, waiting to be awakened.

No comments: