Welcome to my blog!

For some time I’ve been aware that being able to share wealth creation breakthroughs and issues really helps encourage students! It helps you feel part of a very special community (which you are!) – a community that isn’t much evident in the outside world. The M for Mindset in TEM$ is the most important aspect of wealth creation, so keep yours positive, motivated, learning, and talking! Post your blog today!

Wednesday, June 18, 2008

Lessons in Wealth from Flying a Helicopter

This week I am sharing with you lessons I have learned from an unusual tutor – my helicopter. Not that you need to be able to fly to learn! Whatever you do, as a hobby or as a career, at home or at work, even on the road or in the garden, you can see the laws of the Universe in operation.
In my case, I learn a lot from my helicopter!
  • - Perhaps because it is a pleasurable hobby so I’m relaxed and in a receptive mood.
  • - Perhaps because I must concentrate to fly – so I am focused.
  • - Maybe also because there is a ritual you have to follow to fly safely, and that gets your mind into a contemplative, somewhat meditative state.

The other day I stepped out onto the helipad, at the airport, in the beautiful still winter morning, and my plan was to fly.

  1. I was not wondering whether I could fly...
  2. Whether I’d be lucky enough to fly...
  3. Whether I was special enough to have been born with the talent to fly...

I knew that there was a close to 100% chance that I would successfully fly, simply because ...

  • I pay attention to the weather and choose the right conditions;
  • I am a helicopter pilot - I have been trained to fly;
  • I follow a set of safety and startup procedures that allows me to lift the helicopter off the ground and guide it through the air;
  • I follow a schedule of maintenance to ensure that all parts of the helicopter are in good condition;
  • I fill up with more than enough of the fuel I need, which is Jet A1 fuel - the right kind for a turbine engine.

As I prepared to fly, I was thinking about wealth creation which, like flying, is something anyone can do if they have the right training and follow the right procedures. I thought about the 20 or so steps that come before I can lift off. If I omit one, I either do not lift off at all, or I take a risk.

  1. I inspect the helicopter from the outside
  2. I inspect it from the inside
  3. I switch on the battery
  4. I switch on the generator
  5. I switch on the booster pump
  6. I press a timer and wait for 30 seconds before I switch on the starter
  7. During these 30 seconds I inspect all the warning lights to see if they are in working condition – by activating nine different warning bulbs. If a light comes on when I test it by pressing it gently, I know the warning light and therefore the system it indicates, is working
  8. After the 30 second period is up, I flick the starter switch on. Immediately a green light comes on – at the same time the blades start moving – first very slowly but gradually they build up speed
  9. Two to three seconds after the green starter light goes on, a yellow light – for the igniters - comes on
  10. Within eight seconds I hear the igniters ignite – it sounds like that “whump” you get if you throw petrol on a fire!
  11. Once the igniters fire up, the yellow light goes off – signaling that the process was successful. In the meantime the green startup light is still on
  12. I wait for the revs to go up to 14 000 – at that point the green light goes off
  13. Within 90 seconds the blades become synchronized with the turbine and I can physically see, feel and hear when this happens
  14. I slowly push up the fuel lever – pumping more and more fuel into the turbine
  15. As soon as I touch the fuel lever, a big red light comes on
  16. As I slowly push the fuel lever up, I make sure the tail pipe temperature (T4) does not increase by more than 30 degrees
  17. The turbine and blade speed pick up as I slowly push the fuel lever up
  18. At 33 000 revs the governor kicks in and the red light goes off
  19. The main rotor blades are turning at 360 revs per minute (RPM) and the tail rotor blades are turning at 2000 RPM
  20. All the temperature metres are in the green
  21. All warning lights are out
  22. It is safe on the outside
  23. The friction on the collective is still on – BUT I AM READY TO FLY!

Sounds like a lot. But any pilots out there will know this is all simple procedure. Routine.
And you know what? So is wealth creation!

Once you are trained and have put in the TEM$ (the Time, Energy Mindset and some money ($) to educate yourself) – to fit in with the requirements of the law of understanding, then you know that you have educated yourself and learned what you need to know.

· I KNOW I can fly because I learned. Simple.
· It’s not LUCK because I do it over and over and over, and so do all the other pilots and Wealth Creators – because they follow a system.
· It’s not TALENT - for the same reason.

What has all of that got to do with wealth creation?

Wealth creation is not about brilliance, talent, drive, luck or education. It’s about repeating a proven set of steps (a system) in the correct order, without missing one out, every time.
Just like flying, I know it’s not luck, it’s choosing the right moment to take certain actions (for instance, is now the right time to invest in property?)

It’s also following a set of instructions without taking short cuts. (The Formula for Riches™)

And it’s having the training (mentally, physically and emotionally) to know what to do, when to do it and HOW to do it

Of course, most of all, it’s WANTING to.

I love to fly because it makes me feel happy and free. That’s what I like about wealth too.

How about you?

As always - committed to your success

Dr Hannes Dreyer
Wealth Mentor
http://www.learn-to-invest-money.com
http://www.hannesdreyer.co.za
http://www.referralserver.co.za

PS - The interest rates are up. The petrol price is up – and we are again on holiday. This time I am writing this from Marloth Park next to the Kruger National Park.

Over the last four months we have increased our passive income in our property portfolio by R10 875.00 and we have signed another contract that will push it up further to R34 625.00. In my next Property Investment Seminar I will show you for the first time how I have used the Zagger principle in the current economy to lower our risk by increasing our passive income. Make sure you book your ticket now!

No comments: