Welcome to my blog!

For some time I’ve been aware that being able to share wealth creation breakthroughs and issues really helps encourage students! It helps you feel part of a very special community (which you are!) – a community that isn’t much evident in the outside world. The M for Mindset in TEM$ is the most important aspect of wealth creation, so keep yours positive, motivated, learning, and talking! Post your blog today!

Tuesday, August 7, 2007

What is an investor?

An investor who cannot repeat his or her success is not a true investor in the wealth creation sense of the word.

The way I see it, is consistently successful investments do not happen by accident. So anyone who has made some successful investments through luck is not an investor in the wealth creation sense of the word. Why not? Because a Wealth Creator must be able to take his or her system and apply it over and over again successfully.

This rules out people who depend on luck because at some point, their luck will turn. Sometimes they do not even know that they are relying on luck and are baffled when things do not work out as they did before. But confusion is good! I see confusion as a call to dig deeper and understand. If you have had this experience, my recommendation is that you don’t give up – carry on finding out why things went the way they did, and search for systems that protect you next time.

As you can see, I place great store on systems. Proven systems (like Property Pro, the Formula for Riches™, and Retire Quickly) are the reason why I say anyone can create wealth, by finding a system that works, and then applying it without breaking the rules.

In this way it can be seen that consistent success (wealth creation) is the result of an investor’s timely, organized and faithful application of specific strategies, techniques, attitudes and formulae pertaining to the specific investment arena.

I invest in three types of investments: myself, business and property.

My first and most important investment: myself

Over the last twenty five years I have invested more in myself than in any of the other classes of investment. The reason is simply that no other class of investment can outperform this type of investment.

There is really a lot to this thought and I suggest you reread this last paragraph. And then I recommend that you approach investing in yourself with the same passion that you put into your other plans and businesses.

Also note that investing in yourself means not just paying for a course that can accelerate your progress; it means also putting in the homework afterwards so that the theory is transformed into practical, applicable knowledge. In this way you make your new knowledge true knowledge – because you can apply it.

You haven’t really made it yours until then.

This approach has helped me get so much more out of the courses I have attended than most people ever do.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Your kaizen challenge helped me to do just that. Because it is going on for 49 days, I got into the habit of applying what I've learned.